In studio w/ CV Peterson: A deep purge and cleaning to usher in new creative ideas just feels right.
CV Peterson is a multidisciplinary artist who combines scientific exploration and art to examine human-caused environmental devastation. She aims to bring climate change research to a larger, diverse audience. CV Peterson uses art and science to explore human-caused environmental devastation. She enjoys bringing scientific research out of journals and into the public sphere. In particular, she finds sculpting with fungi fascinating.
In a virtual studio visit with the artist CV Peterson. CV is a multidisciplinary artist whose work takes a whimsically dark and playful view of what the planet would be like after humanity is extinct. In this interview, Peterson shares what her typical day at the studio looks like, her favorite work from the past year, her current work on the table, and more.
1. How are you setting up your studio for the New Year?
2. What is one ritual or thing that you do at the beginning of the New Year in your studio?
3. Looking at last year what is the work that you are most proud of?
4. What does a typical day in the studio look like for you?
I use art and science to explore human-caused environmental devastation. I enjoy bringing scientific research out of journals and into the public sphere.
5. Could you share the studio spaces you work from? Be it your kitchen table or a fancy studio? How has your creative process evolved?
I find sculpting with
6. How are you setting up the tone for your studio practice this new year?
7. A favorite book you like to read?
8. Can we sneak in your current artwork on your table?
9. How do you take your studio practice beyond your studio?
I collaborate with the company Ecovative Design who uses fungus as a
bio-alternative for Styrofoam.
10. How would you describe the year 2023 for your studio practice.
11. How do you overcome a creative block and let the creative juices flow?
12. The first piece of art you made while working here in this studio.
Social Media Details of CV Peterson